ÉGLISE PAROISSIALE DE LA NATIVITÉ
SIERCK LES BAINS
Intended to receive the Knights of the Teutonic Order (following an act of donation made in February 1236 by Matthew II, Duke of Lorraine), the Church of the Nativity was built by military hospitallers who had been granted a place to build a house and a chapel in the town. The Church of the Nativity is striking in the contrast between its massive, defensive exterior and the elegance of its Gothic interior decoration. The appearance of a fortified church is emphasised by its powerful buttresses which act as a buttress and by its overhanging bell tower.